I have been really enjoying overnight oats lately because the flavor combinations are limited only by my imagination, they’re healthy, easy, can be taken on the go, and what’s not to love about waking up to breakfast already made and ready to eat?
I created this apple cinnamon overnight oats recipe last week, and I’m happy to report that it is toddler approved. I make overnight oats in single servings in mason jars. This allows The Artist to grab his jar and take it with him when he heads to work, and it packs easily in a lunch box when on the go with kids. It’s good to eat as a cold cereal, or warm it up first if you prefer it warm. Enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
3/4 C oats (We use Bob’s Red Mill certified gluten free)
1/4 C organic apple sauce
2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp raw local honey
3/4 C almond milk (or your milk of choice)
optional: 1 Tbsp coconut butter, melted
optional: cinnamon granola mix (we use KIND brand)
- Layer the oats, apple sauce, chia seeds, cinnamon and honey in a jar or other container of choice.
- Pour milk over the ingredients.
- Put the lid on and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir it up in the jar, or pour it into a bowl and stir it up. (If you want to warm it up, now is a good time to do that in a pan on the stove.)
- (optional) Drizzle melted coconut butter over the top like icing
- (optional) Add cinnamon granola mix as a crunchy topping